Civil Society Small Grants Program 2012
U.S. EMBASSY ZAGREB – PUBLIC AFFAIRS OFFICE
The Civil Society Small Grants Program supports initiatives that contribute to the development of civil society in Croatia. The following are program guidelines:
- Grants are aimed at the Croatian non-government and non-profit organizations only. They are awarded upon the approval by the Public Affairs Office.
- Grants should support initiatives that (1) promote the rule of law and campaigns to raise anti-corruption awareness; or (2) promote economic reform and entrepreneurism.
- To submit a project proposal to the U.S. Embassy in Zagreb, an NGO should fill out an application form available on the Embassy’s website. Budgets should be calculated in U.S. dollars and must be clearly linked to project activities in the proposal narrative.
- Honorariums and other administrative expenses should be directly linked to specific grant activities, and not for organizational sustainability. Honorariums should be listed according to rate of pay and percentage of time spent on program-related activities.
- Grants for publication of materials should describe the intended audience, content, and how materials will be distributed.
- Grants for seminars/workshops should describe the expected audience, content, and timeframe and provide trainers’ bios.
- The maximum grant amount is $10,000 for a project up to one year.
- NGOs are entitled to one Civil Society Small Grant per year only - NGOs that received a grant in the last call for proposal should not apply.
Application Deadline: February 26, 2012
Technical and Program Review: February 27 – March 27, 2012
Award Notification: by April 6, 2012
Funding of awarded project to begin after May 1, 2012
The application form (MS Word format: 29kb) can be downloaded from the web page.
Proposals should be submitted electronically to the email address: email@example.com. Do not send your applications by mail.
After the application deadline, each applicant will receive an email confirming that your proposal was received. If you don’t receive our confirmation, your proposal was not received and you should contact us immediately.
For all questions, please contact Nikolina Paic at 01 661 2240.