Key Business Links
U.S. Government Resources
- U.S. Embassy Zagreb - Commercial Section: This is the website of the U.S. Commercial Service office in Zagreb, Croatia, the primary point of contact for U.S and Croatian companies seeking U.S. Embassy Zagreb’s assistance. Services available to U.S. exporters and Croatian buyers are described here in full detail, as well as forthcoming trade events, market opportunities and other up-to-date business information.
- Export.gov functions as the U.S. Commercial Service’s principal online resource for clients focused on exporting from the United States. This portal brings together resources from across the U.S. Government to assist American businesses in planning their international sales strategies. Export.gov also provides information on the National Export Initiative.
- Export Import Bank of the United States: Ex-Im Bank is the official export credit agency of the United States. Ex-Im Bank's mission is to assist in financing the export of U.S. goods and services to international markets.
- Overseas Private Investment Corporation: OPIC is the U.S. Government’s development finance institution that provides investors with financing, guarantees, political risk insurance, and support for private equity investment funds.
- The U.S. Small Business Administration: SBA provides support to U.S. small businesses and small business owners across the United States through loans, access to federal contracts, and counseling.
- National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center: The National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center stands at the forefront of the U.S. government’s response to global intellectual property theft.
- Office of the United States Trade Representative (USTR): USTR is responsible for developing and coordinating U.S. international trade, commodity, and direct investment policy, and overseeing negotiations with other countries.
- American Chamber of Commerce in Croatia: AmCham Croatia is an independent, non-proﬁt, non-governmental organization with over 150 members, and is an accredited affiliate of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce in Washington. AmCham’s goals are to foster ties between Croatia and the United States through trade and investment, strengthen partnership between the Croatian business community and the Croatian government at all levels, facilitate cooperation among members, and promote regional trade and pan-European cooperation.
- Croatian Chamber of Economy: The Croatian Chamber of Economy is an independent business organization of all legal entities engaging in business in Croatia. Membership is compulsory for every company registered with the Commercial Court. Its website provides useful information in English on the Croatian economy and key industry sectors, including statistics and information on the Croatian legal framework.
- Government of the Republic of Croatia: This official website is published in Croatian and English; it provides detailed contact information and links to ministries and other government institutions.
- Center for Monitoring Business Activities in the Energy Sector and Investments: The center is a non-profit organization established in 2012 by the Croatian Government to improve and monitor investment projects undertaken by state-owned companies in the energy sector.
- Croatian Ministry of Tourism - Investment Projects: The Croatian Ministry of Tourism has created a Catalogue of Investment Projects in order to provide potential investors with information on investment opportunities in the Croatian tourism sector. The Catalogue identifies public projects for which the Republic of Croatia is seeking investors.