Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Nonimmigrant Visas

Nonimmigrant Worker Visa (H)

Croatian citizens who are traveling to the U.S. for the purpose of temporary employment in the United States require a Non-Immigrant Worker (H) visa. You are required to bring the approved Form I-797 Notice of Approval to the interview.

Please note that in order to qualify for this type of visa, the applicant must demonstrate that:

  • (a) the USCIS (U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services) has approved a petition (Form I-129), filed by the prospective employer, requesting H status for the applicant, and
  • (b) the applicant qualifies for the specified employment by showing proof of education and relevant work experience.

For additional information on H-2A and H-2B visas, please click here.

You can view the steps that need to be completed in order to apply for this type of visa by returning to our first page.

Working in the U.S. (General Information)

How do I work in the U.S.?

There is a great deal of information about working in the United States available at the State Department’s website

If you want to work in the U.S. temporarily as a nonimmigrant, under U.S. immigration law, you need a specific visa based on the type of work you will be doing. Most temporary worker categories require that the applicant's prospective employer or agent to file a petition which must be approved by the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) before you can apply for a visa. To learn about petitions and more, see Temporary Workers on the USCIS website.

We invite you also to look at our Embassy website at: . After reviewing the website, if you still have a question, send us an email at or call us Monday - Friday, (1:30 - 2:30 PM only) at Phone: 385-1-661-2300.

Adobe Reader

  • Download Free
    Download Free

    All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format.  To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader.  You may download a free version by clicking the link above.